Skip to main content

POV: I'm a Beginner Virtual Assistant & Here's How It's Going 👩‍💻✨

I'm a Beginner Virtual Assistant & Here's How It's Going 👩‍💻✨

Starting a new career is lowkey scary... but also kind of exciting.

A few months ago, I decided to step into the world of Virtual Assistance. Did I know everything? Nope. Did I have years of experience? Also nope. But I had something just as important—a willingness to learn, show up, and keep improving every single day.

And honestly? That's where every VA starts.

So... What Even Is a Virtual Assistant?

Think of a Virtual Assistant (VA) as someone's behind-the-scenes MVP.

We help business owners stay organized by handling tasks like:

  • 📧 Email management
  • 📅 Calendar scheduling
  • 🎨 Canva graphics
  • 📱 Social media support
  • 📂 Organizing files
  • 💻 Data entry
  • 🔍 Online research

Basically, we help make someone's work life less chaotic.

Why I Chose This Path

I wanted a career where I could work remotely, keep learning new skills, and actually enjoy being creative.

I love organizing things (yes, I'm that person 😂), designing content, and finding smarter ways to get work done.

Being a VA feels like the perfect mix of creativity, productivity, and flexibility.

Not Gonna Lie...

Being a beginner can feel overwhelming.

There are so many tools.
So many tutorials.
So many people who seem to have everything figured out.

Sometimes you catch yourself thinking...

"Am I even good enough?"

But here's the thing: everyone started with zero experience at some point.

The only difference? They kept going.

Skills I'm Leveling Up

Right now, I'm working on becoming better at:

  • ✨ Administrative support
  • 🎨 Canva graphic design
  • 📱 Content creation
  • 📊 Microsoft Office & Google Workspace
  • 🛒 E-commerce support
  • 💬 Client communication
  • ⏰ Time management
  • 📋 Staying organized

Every project teaches me something new, and that's honestly the best part.

What I'm Learning

One thing I've realized?

You don't have to know everything before you start.

You just need to be willing to learn.

Mistakes happen.
You'll ask questions.
You'll Google things.
You'll watch tutorials.

And that's totally okay.

Growth doesn't happen overnight—it happens one task, one client, and one lesson at a time.

To Anyone Thinking About Becoming a VA...

Here's your sign. 🚀

Don't wait until you feel "ready," because chances are, you'll never feel 100% ready.

Start anyway.

Build your portfolio.
Take online courses.
Practice your skills.
Celebrate the small wins.

The experience you're waiting for comes from actually doing the work.

Main Character Energy ✨

I'm still a beginner, and honestly, I'm proud of that.

It means I'm learning.
It means I'm growing.
It means I'm building something that future me will be thankful for.

This is just the beginning of my VA journey, and I can't wait to see where it takes me.

So here's to late-night learning sessions, first clients, small victories, and becoming better one day at a time.

We all start somewhere—and this is my somewhere. 💙

Comments